Welcome to our Alexanderwohl Resource Page. This is our attempt to create a manageable list of helpful resources for family spiritual practices and faith formation for individuals, families, and small groups in light of the challenges of COVID-19. We created this page originally during the time when we were staying home.
Below are suggestions of practices you may pursue as individuals and families during the season of Advent. Engaging in a simple and intentional practice is a way to stay aware of God’s presence in our lives and to let our lives intersect with the biblical story. The Advent at Home guide contains simple ideas to try at home with your family.
Individual or small group practices
- Take our Moments and Our Days: An Anabaptist Prayer book (vol. 2)
- Your own devotional resource
- Fast from a meal once a week or fast from a distraction in your life
- Try a new prayer practice
- Advent at Home 2021 (Copies also available at church)
- Building Faith website — Teaching resources for parents of young children from the Mennonite Early Childhood Network
- Story hour through WDC Resource library — Sign up through this link to receive access to the video: https://forms.gle/xSqet4q1oii5izF66
- Shine at Home — free resources for families
Devotionals and at-home lessons
- MCC Resources for Families — page includes great educational resources for children—from a brand-new MCC Centennial Coloring Book with pages representative of each of the decades that MCC has existed to video clips of children’s lives around the world.
- Salt & Light: Bible Study for Anabaptist Christians Supplemental videos
- Beyond our Fears study | Study Guide
- Rejoice devotional — Spring 2020
- Rejoice! A Time Such as This — Rejoice! writers reflect during life in the shadow of COVID-19
- Rejoice! A Time Enduring — a second free edition of the Rejoice devotional
- Rejoice! A Time Under Pressure
- BibleProject — Church at Home
- MCC Resources for a time of uncertainty — from worship to stories from around the world to cooking.
- Initiate a Zoom meeting with your SS class | How-to videos